The COVID-19 crisis has created a worldwide unprecedented response to stop the threat and destruction of this deadly virus. The consequences of self-quarantining and social distancing have profoundly impacted our lives and the church’s design. How shall we live in our new normal? What does God’s Word give to us in the midst of panic and fear over an unknown, untamed virus? The global response is unprecedented, but so is the opportunity to share the message of hope from God’s Word. The following unchangeable truths are like a compass to guide us through the pandemic.
1. God sees everything we are going through. Proverbs 15:3 says, “The eyes of the Lord are in every place, keeping watch on the evil and the good.”
2. God cares about everything we are going through. 1 Peter 5:7 says ,”Casting all your anxieties on him because he cares for you.”
3. God has the power to change what we are going through. 1 John 5:14-15 says, “And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him.”
4. God works out of His goodness towards us. Romans 8:28 says, “And we know that for those who love God, all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.”
5. God is always with us. Isaiah 41:10 says, “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
6. God’s plan is always better than our plan. Jeremiah 29:11 says, “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.”
7. God will never stop loving us. 1 John 4:16 says, “So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him” (Ps 136).
Hebrews 13:8, “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.”