Prayer and Fasting: Part 1
Co-habitation (2016): Is it a good idea?
A couple NOT living together prior to marriage 20% will divorce within 5 yrs
A couple living together and then gets married 49% will divorce within 5 yrs
A couple that chooses to live together 49% will break up
A couple married 10 yrs 33% will divorce. An unmarried couple living together 62% will breakup in 10 yrs
In 2016, Crimes Against
All showed an increase
Christians Are The Most Persecuted Group Across The Globe In 2016
90,000 Christians were killed for their beliefs worldwide last year
600 million Christians were prevented from practicing their faith in 2016
215 million Christians experience high levels of persecution
1 in 12 Christians worldwide are persecuted
North Korea is #1 for the 16th consecutive year (since 2002) that persecutes
In 2017 3,066 were killed; 1,252 were abducted; 1,020 were raped or sexually harassed; and 793 churches were attacked because they are Christians
Daniel 10:1 In the third year of Cyrus king of Persia a message was revealed to Daniel...
Our church needs “Daniel-like” people who are willing to do what it takes to break through the strongholds through prayer and fasting.
God is looking for people who are uncompromising in our relationships, integrity, commitment, honor, responsibility and excellence to God in the moral, ethical life issues as well as in our personal character and conduct.
Daniel 10:1-3 In the third year of Cyrus king of Persia, a revelation was given to Daniel (who was called Belteshazzar). Its message was true and it concerned a great war. The understanding of the message came to him in a vision. At that time I, Daniel, mourned for three weeks. I ate no choice food; no meat or wine touched my lips; and I used no lotions at all until the three weeks were over.
Fasting Focuses Our Attention On God
- Fasting is not a means to manipulate God
- Fasting is a means by which we declare to God
- Fasting is not a stimulus-response behavior with God
Fasting Cripples The Powers Of Darkness
Mark 9:28-29 And when He had come into the house, His disciples asked Him privately, why could we not cast him out? So He said to them, this kind can come out by nothing but prayer and fasting.
What are the Biblical Reasons for our Fasting?
- Fasting is done in response to the Lord speaking to us: Job 23:12
- Fasting is for seeking after God for guidance: Acts 13:2-3
- Fasting is for seeking God's wisdom: Daniel 9:2-7
- Fasting breaks bondage, loosens the chains: Isaiah 58:6
- Fasting is our response to the needs of others: Psalm 35:13
- Fasting helps us to deal with the potential dangers that come on us: Ezra 8:21
- Fasting helps us maintain and keep open the lines of communication with God: Ezra 8:23
- Fasting helps us to become closer to God and to sanctify ourselves before God with repentant hearts: Jonah 3:5-7